Saturday, February 17, 2007

Music I Liked And Didn't - 2/16/07 - 2/17/07

Adds -

None


Did Not Add -

CIRCLE, FEATURING VERDE: Tower CD (Last Visible Dog) - A long time ago (like 15-20 years now) Circle were among the leaders of a very vibrant Finnish music scene that included great artists like Radiopuhelimet and Keukhot. They released a string of singles and LPs containing an awesome mix of noisy, powerful, guitar riffs and hypnotic, krautrock grooves. Since then, Circle have undergone an almost chameleon like series of changes that caused me to lose my interest in them. Still, I’ve tried to keep an open mind to their evolution, and some of the hype I read about their latest release, “Tower”, sounded interesting enough to entice me to check it out. While I’ll admit that the ambient, minimal, electro-jazz fusion contained on this release was fairly pleasant background music, I find it hard to believe that I would ever view it as being anything more engaging than mere background music. Well, I don’t devote space in my personal library for background music and refuse to sully my fine collection of early Circle vinyl with this lukewarm effort.


Running Count For The Year

Adds 24/80%

Did Not Add 6/20%

No comments: