Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Music I Liked And Didn't - 3/27/07

Adds -

None


Did Not Add -

LSD AND THE SEARCH FOR GOD: S/T CD-EP (Mind Expansion) - If somebody snuck into my bedroom while I was sleeping, put this release in my CD player, and fired it up, I swear that when I awoke I’d think that I must have been sucked into some kind of time warp and arose in 1989. This debut CD-EP by Bay Area shoegaze worshippers, LSD And The Search For God, just about perfectly nails the sound of late-80’s/early-90’s shoegaze, as best exemplified by releases on the Creation label by bands such as Ride, My Bloody Valentine and so on. While I’ll readily admit that I did like the music those bands produced in that era and still occasionally enjoy such sounds today, to add such a release as this in 2007 would seem to be just a little bit too much of a guilty pleasure. For readers who wish to take a trip back to those days of youthful innocence and sweaty exuberance, however, this CD may be just the ticket.


Running Count For The Year

Adds 44/83%

Did Not Add 9/17%

No comments: