Thursday, March 15, 2007

Music I Liked And Didn't - 3/15/07


Adds -

No Adds Of New Releases


Archival Additions -

TRAVEL AGENCY: S/T LP (Viva) - My interest in Viva Records was heightened by Sundazed’s release from earlier this year of the overview of the label “Ain’t It Hard!”. Then a few days ago (and not by my prompting, but rather, due to other completely coincidental circumstances), my friend Karl of Anopheles Records played me this LP on Viva by the Travel Agency and the search was on. Well, as usually is the case when highly motivated, it didn’t take your Sonictroubadour long to track down a copy (in fact, I’m pleased to inform you that this is one of the records I was referring to in my most recent anti-eBay rant!) of this rarity from 1969. The 12 tracks on this release are almost like a stylistic sampler of contemporary music forms of the period ranging from sunshine pop and precious folk to beatish garage pop and droning psych. Highlights include the funky ballroom sounds and piercing fuzz leads of “Cadillac George”, the warm West Coast sounds of “Lonely Seabird”, and the fuzzy pop of “Come To Me”. While certainly not a holy grail of 60’s sounds, this is still an underrated little exploito-psych gem.


Did Not Add -

None


Running Count For The Year

Adds 39/85%

Did Not Add 7/15%

No comments: