Thursday, December 07, 2006

Music I Liked And Didn't - 12/5/06 - 12/7/06



Adds -

SONGS OF GREEN PHEASANT: S/T CD (Fat Cat) - Among the many aspects of this time of year that I do not like is the fact that there are very few new releases to feed my voracious need for new sounds. It does give me the chance, however, to catch up on a few releases that I had previously heard about and made a note to myself to investigate further someday. Such is the case with the 2005 debut release from Songs Of Green Pheasant, the solo project of the UK’s Duncan Sumpner. These ten rural home-recordings range from lo-fi dreamy pop with sweet vocal harmonies to dark acid folk, even bordering on neofolk on the great final track, “From Here to Somewhere Else”. I’m certainly glad that I finally got around to checking out Songs Of Green Pheasant, as this compares favorably to the work of all but the very best artists currently producing a wide variety of “modern folk” forms.


Did Not Add -

None

Running Count For The Year

Adds 154/67%

Did Not Add 76/33%

No comments: