Friday, December 22, 2006

Ken "Spiderman" Hamilton Lives On In Our Hearts


Sorry - No New Music Discussed Today.

Six years ago today, the staff of KFJC and I, personally, lost one of the brightest spirits we have ever been privileged to know - Ken "Spiderman" Hamilton. I'm not going to waste a lot of time and space recounting the details of his life. If you were fortunate enough to be part of his wide ranging circle of friends and associates, then you already know the score. If you weren't, well, I'm sure a little googling will reveal enough info to make you lament that you never experienced the warmth of his spark of life. In addition, I couldn't begin to write any kind of tribute that would be nearly as suave as the one my friend Jason Biggs composed for a tribute that we at KFJC had published in the "Metro", a San Jose, CA weekly entertainment rag, so I've reproduced that here. Just click on the image above and you'll be able to see it and read it in full size.

As for me, all I can say is that it was an honor and a privilege to share just a little bit of his life, to be touched by his warm spirit and beautiful creative energy. Even if it was for only all too brief a time, I'll never forget it nor Ken.

Thanks.

R.I.P.

No comments: