Monday, January 08, 2007

Music I Liked And Didn't - 1/7/07 - 1/8/07


Adds -

FENNESZ: Endless Summer CD (Editions Mego) - While I have checked out Fennesz before, I’ve never been that impressed with his (nor others’, for that matter) glitchy electronica. A friend of mine, however, told me that this reissue (with bonus tracks) of 2001’s, “Endless Summer”, was the title in the Fennesz discography that would be the most listener-friendly to people, like me, who have a limited interest in electronica. I’ll have to admit that he was correct. Sure, there’s plenty of the skips, blips, drones, and damaged noises, you’d expect from avant laptop music. The majority of the tracks on this CD , however, also have fragments of melodies (via guitars, synths, and so on) that drift in and out like a pleasing, distant radio station signal, giving this release enough momentum and focus to make the grade.


Did Not Add -

None


Running Count For The Year

Adds 6/100%

Did Not Add 0/0%

No comments: