Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Music I Liked And Didn't - 1/10/07


Adds -

HOLY SONS: My Only Warm Coals 10" (Morc Records) - I was impressed enough by the “Decline Of The West” LP that I scored and reviewed last week, that I tracked down this earlier 10" release from Emil Amos', Holy Sons. The material on this release is very similar to that on the “Decline Of The West” LP, containing another 12 tracks of murky (perhaps, even made more so by being cut direct to disc on the King Records Worldwide lathe!), lo-fi, bedroom pop and rock. In fact, I'd have to say that I actually like this 10" a little better than the LP, as it seems to be a little more conceptually focused, with darker lyrical content and more fucked-up samples of Evangelists. Very cool!


Did Not Add -

None


Running Count For The Year

Adds 7/88%

Did Not Add 1/12%


On The Horizon:

Live -

Neurosis, Red Sparowes, and Grails live at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco on Sunday, January 14.

Wooden Shjips, among many others, live at the Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco on Monday, January 15.

New Releases -

In the next few days, Ghost: "In Stormy Nights" 2LP on Drag City.

February 27, Jesu: "Conqueror" 2LP on Conspiracy. The CD version, on Hydra Head, will be released on 2/20. Even fucking more cool, however, is the fact that Jesu will be playing live in San Francisco at Bimbo’s 365 Club on April 6, 2007!!!!! I can't wait! I'll be there for sure!

No comments: