Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Music I Liked And Didn't - 6/6/07

Adds -

None


Did Not Add -

BOY IN STATIC: Violet CD (Mush) - I swear that my experience with releases on the Mush label are much like those of a gambler - while the majority of my “plays” (i.e., purchases) are losers, there are enough occasional winners to cause me to keep exploring their catalog, rather than just give up on the label. Unfortunately, this over-hyped new release from Boston resident Alexander Chen’s project, Boy In Static, is another release that can be added to Mush’s list of losers. Yes, “Violet” certainly contains 10 tracks of delicate and precise dream-pop electronica which reflects the strong influence of a variety of British pop movements since the late 80’s, but they’re just too calculated, too precious to really strike an emotional chord - at least with me.


Running Count For The Year

Adds 68/82%

Did Not Add 15/18%

No comments: