Monday, October 30, 2006

Music I Liked And Didn't - 10/30/06


In high gear, motivated to show all my detractors at KFJC (and I know you're checking me out!) just how far ahead of them I am, how much music I can process, how much of an asset I could be to them, if they'd only get over their fear and jealousy and let me contribute!

Adds -

OZKENT, MUSTAFA (AND ORCHESTRA): Genclik Ile Elele CD (B-Music) - This is a reissue of a 1973 Turkish rarity. Ozkent was apparently a musician, arranger, and producer of some note and he created this LP of eleven instrumentals that sound very much like the “exploito-psych” produced by LA studio musicians in the late 60’s/early 70’s, but with an added Turkish influence. Not very significant in a musical sense, but enjoyable nonetheless. To be filed under guilty pleasures.

MAURICE AND WALTER: Moolah LP (No Label) - First off, let’s get this straight, I believe the artists are Maurice and Walter and “Moolah” (probably, or could it be, “The Great Seal”? somebody needs to track down either Maurice or Walter and settle this controversy ASAP!) is the title of this release, not the band’s name being “Moolah” and the LP’s title being, “Woe Ye Demons Possessed”, as it is always commonly listed. Anyway, whatever ya wanna call it, this is a reissue of a 1974 private press LP, included on Stapleton’s legendary Nurse With Wound list. After one listen it is obvious that it was an influence on Stapleton, too. Six tracks of murky Kraut/Basement Psych jamming that sound very much like many NWW tracks I heard over the years. Somewhat over-rated, overall, but still cool to hear/have.


Did Not Add -

None


Running Count For The Year

Adds 132/64%

Did Not Add 73/36%

No comments: